Wednesday, April 23, 2014

OOTD: The Shiny Hippy Vibe and the Pattern Mixing Visitor

 My outfit ended up with a kind of a hippy vibe today.  I was looking to be fashionable but wait for it…comfortable!  (I hear Clinton and Stacy cringing and shaking their heads in derision). Comfort and simplicity are the basics to my wardrobe.  If it’s too much trouble, then I won’t wear it.  I’m in love with the Democracy white pants with zipper details that I found on eBay.  They have just enough stretch to be comfortable without binding.  My only issue is that when I wear them again, I will wear a belt.  I literally spent my day pulling up my pants.  We walk the track with our lunch classes and I walked around holding up my pants…I was so gangsta.  The shirt is perfection.  The pattern and detail are just enough. The material breathes and does not cling.   I received many compliments on the shirt.  My accessories were pretty simple with some bling. A girl just has to have some shine!

 My shoes were shining bright.    Several months ago, I had a 30% off coupon and found these wonderful flats in wide width.  I bought all seven pairs that were available.  I wear the flats all the time.  I have brown, beige, red, black, sparkly black, sparkly gold, and sparkly silver.  I mean seven pairs of shoes for around $92 (taxes) now that is a deal.

HIPPY VIBE





Democracy White Jeans via eBay for $16.90  (exact)
Silver Flat from Payless (wide width) for $19.00 (I paid $11.89)
Lucky Campbell Laced Top $20.99
Top and Bottom Bracelets are from Dot's.  About $5 (from a set)
Middle Bracelet from Shoe Dazzle for $19.95 (sold out)
Earrings from Lane Bryant (old)

 

PATTERN MIXING

There ended up being two outfits today because one of my fellow teachers was working her pattern mixing.  Jeanne consented to being on my blog.  That is exciting.  The funny part is that her husband put the outfit together.  It’s so cute and looks well put together.  The small pale yellow polka dots blend well with the black and white diamond pattern of the pants.  The simple black flats bring it all together.  Booyah!

Pale Yellow with White Polka Dot Top from JCrew Factory Outlet (similiar)
Pointy Black Flats from Target (similiar)


No comments:

Post a Comment